Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24th - Recovery Day 6


Most painful day yet!!! 

Was in agony today - couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom for most of the day. It wasn't too painful lying in bed - elevation was very aggravating and as soon as I stood up and the blood rushed down my leg the pain was unbearable. So I just pretty much stayed in bed all day and drank smoothies! I guess that's the importance of staying ahead of the pain with the painkillers. I'd really slacked off taking them. 

I'm presuming it's the physio work kicking in...along with the exercise I did on it yesterday - a lot of movement between going to the physio, cooking and hanging out playing poker with the lads. We'll take it easy for a few days and hope the pain subsides. 

Range of motion on CPM: 5 - 90 (in the am) -10 to 110 (in the pm). 2 x 3 hour sessions. Pain level: 6

Range of motion on own: 10 - 60, 5 - 75. 3 x 45 min sessions. Pain level: 8


2 comments:

Michele said...

I do not think I will every forget how it felt when moving from sitting to standing a few days after ACL reconstruction.

Good luck with your recovery!

Unknown said...

wow!@ you advanced a lot. I was in so much pain the first few days all I did was take drugs. I got my cpm machine 48hrs after surgery and started at 30 increasing up 5 per day. I wonder if this is too slow but what my dr told me to do. I still have not started physical therapy and its almost two weeks after my surgery Im only at 90 degree bend. do you think my dr is moving me too slow?? will I have complications from this?