Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 7th - Pre-Op Appointment


Photos taking after my pre-op appointment. Although not clearly noticeable my right knee is still quite swollen. Sexy legs eh!?

I went in for a pre-op appointment on Monday 7th July. I immediately knew I was in good hands when I saw the big poster above the main doors which read. 'Welcome to the New England Baptist Hospital. The Official Team hospital of the World Champion Boston Celtics'. I have a rigorous checkup during which the nurse asked me how I hurt my knee - she guessed soccer. I on When I confirmed that it was she asked me was I playing professionally.
Either she was just teasing or this was a very good hospital. I concluded the latter, possibly just to comfort myself that extra bit. She told me I was perfectly healthy and that I would have some blood taken and I'd be good to go home. I was shocked she thought I was perfectly healthy - especially after the spending July 4th weekend drunk in Long Beach with a bunch of Irish college students out for the summer! But...I wasn't complaining. I was actually now looking forward to the operation. I figured it was the real starting point for my recuperation.

No comments: