I went back into St. E's today for an appointment with Dr. Ritter. He sat me down and told me that I had a complete tear of my ACL, torn medial meniscus and two tears on my lateral meniscus - I thought he was joking at first...but no smile crossed his face so I quickly realised I was in trouble. I quickly decided to have surgery when he mentioned that I wouldn't be able to do any 'cutting' sports again if I didn't. I asked him what sports fell into the 'cutting' category. When he mentioned soccer, skiing, tennis and basketball my mind was immediately made up. He asked me where I'd like to have the operation - I said the best place there is so he signed me up for the NE Baptist Hospital in Boston to be operated on by Dr. John Richmond. I later found out that this was the official hospital of the Boston Celtics and according to one person I talked to - the best Orthopaedic hospital in THE WORLD!!
I wouldn't have needed surgery if I just tore the meniscus. But I would have them repaired if possible when I go in for surgery on the ACL.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
June 3rd - MRI results
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment