Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23rd - Recovery Day 5

I went to the physio this morning. His name is Robert Kramer. He said I was doing very well in terms of ROM and swelling. I was able to walk without crutches this morning, although I try and use them as much as possible. He introduced me to one of the girls there - Lena, who worked on me. First she gave me laser treatment - this is primarily to remove bad blood cells and regenerate new ones as far as I understood. Next was ultrasound which heats the inside of my leg and promotes healing. Again trying to remove the bad stuff which slows down the healing process. Finally there was electronic muscle stimulus which gets the muscles working around the knee. 

I walked home from the physio - a little over half a mile. I used both crutches but still bore a lot of weight on my leg. It felt really good. I hit a wall around 4.30 in terms of energy so went to sleep for a few hours. I woke after a couple in pain - I took my leg down from being elevated and it's a little better. It's quite painful now though - going playing poker with the lads - I'll try and keep it as elevated as possible but it's quite painful! Some drugs should do the trick! 

No comments: