I set up an appointment with what seemed to be the closest Physio to my house, Kramer Physical Therapy Associates. After getting over the initial shock of all the staff speaking in Russian, Robert Kramer came and greeted me - he was not Russian, or at least he didn't seem Russian. It was a professional place and the equipment was to a very high standard. We talked over the injury and my pre-hab. He agreed that it was very good and very important and I strengthen my leg as much as possible before surgery without going overboard. Assisted one leg squats, cycling etc would all benefit me in the long run. And it will be a long run...
He also showed me the underwater treadmill that he had - can't wait to get into that! It assists you in that it puts very little pressure on your knee but helps to mobilize it quickly. I was happy leaving and would push my knee between now and the surgery.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
July 7th - Physio Appointment
Labels:
cycling,
kramer,
physio,
prehab,
russian,
squats,
strengthen,
underwater treadmill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment